frequently asked questions
- What is Team Shalva?
- Team Shalva is a fun filled 3 day weekend experience, as well as a unique and dedicated training program that unites runners of all backgrounds and ages, helping them prepare to run/walk or a combination of both in the upcoming Jerusalem Marathon. Team Shalva is committed to get you to the finish line of your track goal; full, half, 10K or 5K . During the training process, runners raise money for Shalva – the Association for Mentally & Physically Challenged Children in Israel.
- What services does Shalva provide for children with special needs?
Shalva the Association for Mentally and Physically Challenged Children in Israel, is dedicated to offering high quality care for individuals with disabilities, empowering their families and promoting social inclusion.
Non-denominational and free-of-charge, Shalva's programs provide care from infancy through adulthood, empowering parents to raise their children with special needs within the family framework. Through twenty-five years of award-winning program development, Shalva has become an indispensable element of Israel's cultural skyline.
- How do I join Team Shalva?
- Team Shalva international participants commit to a minimum fundraising commitment. Participants living or staying in Israel commit to a lower fundraising minimum. Family teams (child/parent/spouse/siblings), school teams, and teams of 10 or more receive special rates.
- I Never Fundraised Before, How Will I Do It?
- You will be pleasantly surprised to see that getting to your minimum fundraising commitment is not difficult and even fun. The proven and successful fundraising tools provided will help you fundraise amongst your family, friends, business associates, etc. When people hear about your undertaking and dedicated commitment to Shalva and the wonderful organization it is, they are very receptive to making a donation.
- What is the minimum fundraising requirement?
- Please go to the 'JOIN' page and enter the following fields
State: / Country: / I am a:
(No worries, you will not be charged.)
- How do my sponsors make a donation and what currencies are accepted?
- Donations can be made on-line with a major credit card in US$, CDN$, GBP & NIS
- Are checks and cash accepted?
- Checks can be mailed to the Shalva office together with the check processing form which you can download from your personal page (left hand side) on our website. Please make sure to completely fill out the form to ensure the checks you submit are allocated to your personal fundraising. Please do not mail a cash donation. Please drop off the cash at the Shalva office, along with your information.
- Will I be notified when I am sponsored?
- Yes, you will receive an email notification. In addition, you can login to your personal account and select from the left hand side "export sponsors". All your donors will be listed.
- I Have Friends Worldwide, What Currencies are Acceptable?
- Donations can be made in: US$, CDN$, GBP, & NIS (credit cards or checks only)
- What's included in the Team Shalva package?
An unparalleled weekend of fun, meeting inspirational and motivating people, and making new friends, all uniting for the benefit of Shalva's children with special needs.
Once you have raised your minimum fundraising goal, the Team Shalva experience includes:
Roundtrip airfare (economy class) to and from Israel (international runners only)
Hotel accommodation at the Jerusalem Crowne Plaza, with full Israeli Breakfast, from Thursday, March 16th – Sunday March 19th (international runners only)
Ground transportation for group flights to and from Ben Gurion airport
Pre-race Pasta and post-race Victory Parties
Exciting inspirational Shabbaton with hundreds of other runners (includes all meals, international runners only)
Guaranteed race admission and payment of all the associated fees
Team Shalva swag bag and ‘Cory Vines’ Team Shalva wicking t-shirt.
A tour of Shalva
Training Tools: Training schedules, on-line running tips and an email platform for virtual correspondence with the team's coach.
Fundraising Tools: Every runner receives his own personal fundraising web page, sample letter, solicitation advice and charts to help keep track of donations received.
- When do I Start Training?
- Depending on your current fitness level, training starts approximately three to four months before race day.
- How Will I Make It To The Finish Line?
- Many of our runners are 'first timers'!!! Whether this is your first, or you do triathlons every month, the combination of preparing for your selected track, combined with the enthusiasm for raising money for such a great cause will be the impetus to get you over the finish line. Once registered, you will have access to various running schedules, & training tips which have been carefully researched and tested plus and email platform for virtual correspondence with the Team Coach. Following your training schedule with regularity, you along with the other Team Shalva runners will cross the finish line and enjoy an awesome Victory Party!
- I'm Ready, What's My First Step?
- Congratulations! Click here to register and gain immediate access to the start of a wonderful action packed 3 day experience!!!